RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:32:21 -0400

On September 30, 2006 10:34 PM Gaby wrote:

> Bill Page writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | No they don't work for every user - just 95% of them.
>
> Where do you get that from?

It was a rhetorical statement with no basis in fact. I have no
idea if it is true or not or even how to find out. Sorry.

But certainly such general package installation tools as apt-get,
yum, up2date,, pkgadd and fink are very popular among the "boxed
linux" distributions as you can judge by hits on google. And
language specific tools such as cpan for perl have a reputation
for high quality and ease of use. I don't know anyone besides
Tim who has reported such serious problems with these tools.