[Axiom-developer] Working in the boot package

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Working in the boot package
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:13:06 +0200

Hello,

I want to work in the boot package. Is it possible from the interpreter
to open a gcl prompt with all the Axiom packages loaded and, it's _very
important_, all the internal variables set? If I work with depsys some
variables are not set so its behavior is different. Just an example
(MERGE-PATHNAMES "TEST") in depsys returns #p"/usr/local/axiom/mnt/TEST"
but in the interpreter it returns "#p"TEST" or #p"/home/greg/Axiom/TEST"
if I modified the AXIOM default directory with ')cd /home/greg/Axiom'.
Of course I know that it's possible to use ')lisp lisp-code' but this is
not practical.

Greg