[Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:13:23 -0400

Alfredo, Gaby, et al.

On Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:49 AM Alfredo Portes wrote:

> This is an email sent by Ben Collins from Google. The
> repository has been reseted.
>
> Let me know please if it works fine.

Unfortunately it does not work. :(

After several attempts using SVK, first trying the mirroring
method that I mentioned earlier, and then later using just a
simple 'commit' of the most recent revision of trunk from
the Axiom Silver, the result is the same error message:

  "Could not write svndiff to temp file: No space left on device"

My conclusion is that "if" we really do have 250Mbytes for the
repository on Google Code, then there must be something else
wrong with the system configuration because it certainly should
be possible to commit at least the most recent revision of trunk.

In those cases were I could get feedback from svn while it was
working, it seemed that this error occurred while trying to commit
a single large file from the zips directory - probably the gcl
tarball (about 20 Mbytes). That's large but not *that* large...
I wonder if the Google server is using some very limited
temporary space, e.g. a overly small /tmp volume or something
like that?

Another thought is perhaps svn is not properly recognizing the
tarball as binary? I am not sure if it makes sense for svn to
be writing an 'svndiff' for such a file.

I don't really know where to go from here on Google Code. It
is very awkward not having shell and svnadmin access to that
server.

On the axiom-developer.org server I am continuing to work towards
setting up our own svn server while subversion seems to keep
trying to "subvert" me at almost every step! ;) But setting up
complete mirrors of our SourceForge subversion archive with both
Darcs and Mercurial using Tailor to automatically keep them in
sync only took a couple of hours.