[Axiom-developer] RE: Sage on Doyen

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Sage on Doyen
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:44:29 -0400

Alfredo,

On September 24, 2006 9:49 PM you wrote:

> > I have finally updated the MathAction darcs repository
> > http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/MathActionRepository to include
> > the changes I made to MathAction to support Sage \begin{sageblock}
> > and \sage{...} commands.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Do you have some time available to add this to the DoyenCD?
>
> Tomorrow, I can spend time working on this.

Great.

> > I would like to be able to distribute the DoyenCD with Doyen Wiki
> > support for Sage at the upcoming Sage Days 2 in Seattle, October
> > 6-10. I will be attending the meeting and especially the coding
> > sprint sessions where I plan to do my best to implement a first
> > version of a Sage interface for Axiom. This would mean that Sage
> > users would be able to use Axiom the same way they use Maxima now.
> >
> > http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/days2
> > http://sage-wiki.axiom-developer.org/days2
>
> Sounds great. I plan to talk to my advisor tomorrow and hopefully
> I can go the Sage days. :-)

Dr. William Stein was very interested to see your presentation on
Doyen. I think you might find some of the weekend talks interesting
(see attached email) and you help during the coding sprints would
be most welcome. :-)

Do not delay about making travel plans when you get approval to go
and contact the meeting organizers as soon as possible to confirm.
Apparently hotel accomodations in Seattle are getting a little tight
for that weekend.

> > If you could put up a version of Doyen with Sage support on the
> > web, I would also like to add a few pages to the wiki that
> > demonstrate how to use Sage (derived from those on MathAction)
> > so that they can be included on the DoyenCD.
>
> http://doyen.sytes.net . I will let you know when I update this
> with your version on MathAction.

Thanks.

http://24.44.150.177:8880/Doyen/SandBox

I see a problem with the Maxima output on this page. The $ should not
be present. I recall that you had to change the Maxima output parsing
regular expression because of a difference between Maxima built with
clisp (on Doyen) versus Maxima built with GCL (on MathAction). Do you
have a solution for this problem? If not, I can look into it.