Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:31:51 +0200

I think since you are not deleting or modifying code, you should just
check, whether the notangled .lisp file is identical to the one from
the monolithic chunk. It should be no problem to achive this. Then you
are sure that the compilation will run through.

I couldn't, since I reordered code. There's not really a good way
around that, I believe.

What do you mean you "reordered code"?

If it was

%FILE 1
<<*>>=
blih
blah
bluh
@
%END FILE1

and then you have

%FILE2
<<chunk bluh>>=
bluh
@

<<chunk blih>>=
blih
@

<<*>>=
<<chunk blih>>
<<chunk blah>>
<<chunk bluh>>
@

<<chunk blah>>
blah
@
%END FILE2

notangle FILE1 > file1
notangle FILE2 > file2
cmp file1 file2

should show that the two files are equal.

So what is "reorder"?

Ralf