[Axiom-developer] Re: Google Code repository

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Google Code repository
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:33:21 -0700

Bill,

Thanks for doing this. I don't mean to be picky, but I wonder if there
is some way we could just populate /branches and leave /trunk empty?
By calling build-improvements /trunk I am afraid we might cause some
confusion. On the other hand, if Goggle gives us enough space it
would be good to have both /trunk and our current favorite /branch.

One thing about this, is that we cannot edit the page:

http://code.google.com/p/axiom/source

which tells the users how to checkout the source, and it says to do it from the
trunk. I guess if we assume that people will be curious enough, they will look
into the branches, but I am not sure this will be always the case.

With the space we have now, one thing we can do is have Silver in the trunk and
build-improvements in a branch and go from there if Google increases the size.
Do you think that is ok?

How's this? http://code.google.com/p/axiom

Thank you, it looks very good.

Regards,