[Axiom-developer] Re: Google Code repository

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Google Code repository
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:13:35 +0200

The point is that we should *not* call the whole SourceForge SVN
repository Silver, but only the trunk. Otherwise Silver =
Sourceforge/Axiom (with now 3 or 4 (different) branches of the
axiom Sources).

Are you referring to the CVS on SourceForge (presumably identical
to the CVS on Savannah)? I thought these only had a single branch.

Who is using CVS? Cannot we just remove support for CVS? We are needlessly investing time in keeping all the different repositories in sync (who is actually doing it?) As far as I understand Tim releases axiom--main--1-patch-??, calls that Gold and then transfers the code to the two CVS repositories on Savannah and SF. So there are 3 ways to get GOLD.

If you are talking about the arch (tla) archive on axiom-developer
then, you are right. I was just about to ask whether we should refer
to these a "Gold" or not.

No, I would only call axiom--main--1 as Gold. Click on Sources on the frontpage. Until now nobody has complained about the page that I have created so I think we should stick to it (until somebody is bold). ;-)

> There are actually more like 10 of these
branchs and one of them is the axiom--windows--1 branch. That is
the only branch that builds on Windows now. Do we call it Gold?

No. BTW, why cannot axiom--windows--1 be merged with axiom--main--1? Is it so different?

Ralf