RE: [Axiom-developer] Question concerning types...

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Question concerning types...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:54:45 -0400

On September 18, 2006 2:16 PM I wrote:
> Not at all. There is not such thing as a daft question -
> however always keep in mind that the same is not true of
> answers. :-)

I am afraid that what I wrote below might be a good example of
a "daft answer" - even if it is in the right spirit... :(

This idea needs more work. On 2nd thought what I wrote below
does not make good sense as it stands. Maybe this is better:

(2) -> a1:MPOLY([a1,a2],INT)
       Type: Void

(3) -> a2:MPOLY([a1,a2],INT)
       Type: Void

(4) -> a1+a2

   (4)  a1 + a2
        Type: MultivariatePolynomial([a1,a2],Integer)

This way it is clear that there are no indeterminants that are
not integers.