[Axiom-developer] Re: timeout?

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: timeout?
Date: 15 Sep 2006 18:59:58 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> Martin,
>
> Yes, there is a time-limit of 1 minute for Axiom on MathAction
> to prevent any problems where a run-away process hangs the whole
> system.
>
> Can you think of why it might take more than a minute to compile
> that page? If absolutely necessary I can temporarily relax this
> restriction.

Well, it takes several minutes on my computer. I don't really know why, but I
know that the compiler is a very sensitive creature. For example, moving the
operations ord1, ord2, deg1, deg2 towards the end of the constructor GUESS, on
my machine, the code will take nearly an hour to compile.

Similar findings are actually documented in some algebra files that are
currently shipped with axiom...

Thus, please either temporarily relax the time restriction (set it to 10 min,
for example) or compile the file by hand...

Thanks,

Martin