Re: [Axiom-developer] Makefile.solaris9 stanza

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Makefile.solaris9 stanza
Date: 15 Sep 2006 06:47:15 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| > > but never

| > Damn. So I guess it's too late. This stuff is everywhere. ;)
|
| Yeah, most of those conditionals are what make the C code hard to port.

no harder than the lisp non-portable sutff all over the place in the
Axiom source code.  I don't think we have a perfect language match
here in terms of portability.  I've coded for longtime in C and C++; I
don't think this particular is stuff is handled the proper way.

[...]

| C is the least portable language there is (I know because I had to
| figure out most of those conditionals). That's one major motivation
| toward rewriting it in lisp.

Please, no.  Lisp does not look more portable than C to me.