Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: 15 Sep 2006 06:33:39 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > In many vision, even if move zips out (which I can't at the moment),
| > we will accrete more than zips, in term of functionality. The
| > solution to this issue must be somewhere else.
| >

| Could you describe this "vision" a little? What else do you
| envisage adding to the Axiom source distribution?

First, I would like to see the wiki stored as part of the SVN source
-- but I don't expect that to exceed the Axiom source code base.

Second, suppose we succeed in attracting people; I suspect that we
would have more and more branchs and more and more commits.  Frequent
commits make large depot.

[...]

| >  [About installing an SVN server on axiom-developer.org]
| > Bill, if you transform axiom-developer.org into the SVN server
| > I fear that it becomes heavily loaded -- let alone situations
| > where several people hammer on the SVN server to get source out.
| > I have no other good solution at the moment.
| >

| We already have both tla and darcs archives on axiom-developer.org
| These do not seem to lead to any significant load on the server.
| Do you really expect that SVN is that much worse??

no; the question I suspect is how many users do you currently estimate
for tla and darcs?
My suspicion was that since silver is going to the the mainline, we
would have more and more people looking at it -- otherwise we don't
succeed :-)