[Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: SAGE

From: William Stein
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: SAGE
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:24:28 -0700

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Enrique Acosta" <address@hidden>
To: "William Stein" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: SAGE
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:05:33 -0700

Hi,

...sorry for the delay.

Well, I downloaded the CD and tried it on my laptop and it didn't
work, but then I tried it on my desktop computer and it did! I think
its a great thing to have and to distribute, although I had serious
problems mounting my USB drive and my HDD (I wasn't able to do it at
all) by some issues with user priviliges. I don't know if its because
I'm a complete Lunix morron, or just because there is really and
issue. Well.

Anyway, its too bad that it doesn't work with my laptop! I guess it
has to do with the compatibility of the Linux live CD with my
laptop...its a relatively old Dell (Latitude CPi), which even has some
issues running the Knoppix live CD. I put the CD in and it doesn't
even start loading, it only shows the fist line of booting where it
says the author of the program who wrote the Live CD thing.

Anyway,

thanks for everything again!

Enrique