[Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen and Sage

From: William Stein
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen and Sage
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:57:45 -0700

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:47:36 -0700, Page, Bill <address@hidden> wrote:
I created an image of Doyen with Sage:

   http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/DoyenSage.iso

I exhort to try it and let me know if anything is missing.

Man. You're good! :-)

Indeed!

I put a Sage icon on the Doyen menu.

Did I miss it? I didn't see the Sage icon.

But I had no problem running Sage from a terminal window.

The Sage notebook should be functional also.

Yes it is. Works great. Maybe there should be a specific
icon for that too that just starts NoteBook and runs the
browser in one click.

Fortunately you can do all that with the following command line.
So just make an icon that does the following:

    sage -notebook sage_notebook 8000 localhost True

It'll make a directory sage_notebook in whatever directory that
command is run in, start the SAGE server, and launch the default
web browser with the notebook loaded.

Yes, I think having the LatexWiki support for Sage on the
CD would be very desirable. (That reminds me that I promised
to get those changes into the MathAction darcs repository...
I haven't done that yet.)

Just let me know to add it to the CD and make it an official
release in MathAction.

Expect the update to the repository in a couple of days.

BTW, I really like the new content in the DoyenWiki. We can
also add a few pages about Sage. There is an 'AboutSage' page
on MathAction that we can cut-up and paste.

You're doing so much for SAGE -- I really need to get the SAGE<-->Axiom
interface going soon.

William