Re: [Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and lat

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and latex)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:17:16 +0200

| Gaby, I don't understand. If you have a documentation of Axiom and
| click on a like then you should get somewhere or the link should not
| show at all. I would prefer a local documentation ie, the link goes to
| some local html, but if that cannot be found the link should either
| directly link to some resources on the net or at least link to some
| footnote that tells you the appropriate URL.

What I was saying is that I would like to have that as an option --
i.e. if the documentation is not locally available, I would prefer to
be given the opportunity to chose whether Axiom should contact the
world or just say "sorry, documentation missing".

What I was saying, that I want a more or less thumb html page maybe with a few javascript items that are there to help showing what you want. But there should be just links and the user has to CLICK to get some more documentation. Nothing tries to get other documentation automatically. I think you would favour that, right?

I guess, Bill meant nothing else with

| > | If Axiom is not available locally, then such links should
| > | automatically link to a standard remote website with similar
| > | information.

Ralf