Re: [Axiom-developer] Build-improvements - noweb required?

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Build-improvements - noweb required?
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 11:13:12 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:
> Gaby, I have seen this same problem recently while trying
> build.improvements on various machines on the SourceForge compile
> farm and on my own hardware. I recall that you said that the
> branch would be "broken" for a while since you were in the
> process of making even more radical improvements, so I did
> not mention it yet.
>
> As a work-a-round it seems to be possible to specify
>
>   make noweb
>
> to force noweb to be built first.

I tried that, however still a lot of breakage remains:

1) `TANGLE' and `WEAVE' in the main makefile remain unset (I changed
    them by hand to `notangle' and `noweave')

2) in `document' script the `tangle' and `weave' variables are unset
   changing their value to `$TANGLE' and `$WEAVE' does not help (I set
   them to `notangle' and `noweave')

3) in interp directory build fails at first step -- again looks like
   unset `$TANGLE' is unset (missing export somewhere ???)

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden