[Axiom-developer] Hopefully stupid question

From: William Stein
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Hopefully stupid question
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:11:55 -0700

Hi,

This may be a very stupid question. Does Axiom support OS X (Intel) in any way, either building from source or from pre-compiled binaries? Or is Axiom Windows and Linux only? For at least the next few weeks, I'm using OS X full time for working on SAGE, and the first step toward writing an Axiom interface is to install Axiom. However, when I search the Axiom web site and the download links, I can't find anything about using it with OS X. Morever, the tarball (the "gold" version from Sept 05)
says it doesn't know anything about Darwin:

  "Finished extraction
  Darwin
  Your system name is Darwin
  We do not know how to build for this kind of system
  Send a note to address@hidden about it"

Should I get a certain recent cvs snapshot?

Note -- if Axiom is Linux only this isn't a show stopper, since I can just
write the interface under Linux.  I just want to know.

 -- William