Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:27:41 +0200

| Committed revision 1.
| cd ~/scratch
| svn co file:///home/hemmecke/scratch/SVNMYTEST/AXIOM ax
| A    ax/axiomicon.png
| A    ax/axiom30yr.jpg
| A    ax/axiomsml.png
| A    ax/axiomlogo.jpg
| Checked out revision 1.
| display ax/axiom30yr.jpg
| | Anyway the difference of the pictures from Gold and Silver/trunk is a
| translation of 0x0d to 0x0a in several places.

Ralf, please could you check in the corrected versions?

Done. Because, I saw terribly wrong properties set, I simply removed the files from SVN/trunk and added the correct versions. Now we have.

Properties on 'axiom/axiom30yr.jpg':
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream
Properties on 'axiom/axiomicon.png':
  svn:executable : *
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream
Properties on 'axiom/axiomlogo.jpg':
  svn:executable : *
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream
Properties on 'axiom/axiomsml.png':
  svn:executable : *
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream

The executable property probably comes from the fact that my fresh checkout of Gold has the executable bit set.

But I have the impression that those files are not the only once that cause trouble.

For example,

Properties on 'axiom/src/hyper/viewports/ugGraphTwoDOptionsPage7.VIEW/data':
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native
Properties on 'axiom/src/hyper/viewports/ugGraphTwoDOptionsPage7.VIEW/graph0':
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native
Properties on 'axiom/src/hyper/viewports/ugGraphTwoDOptionsPage7.VIEW/image.bm.Z':
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native
Properties on 'axiom/src/hyper/viewports/ugGraphTwoDOptionsPage7.VIEW/image.xpm.Z':
  svn:mime-type : application/octet-stream
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native

There are also other .Z files that have svn:keywords and svn:eol-style set.

The whole axiom/src/hyper/bitmaps directory contains files with

  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native

I don't think that the conversion CVS-->SVN was the best idea. It should have been "svn import" from the tla archive. Tim, is there something like a "tla export" which gives the files without the tla status files (like that .arch-ids directory)?

Gaby, since we want Silver/trunk to be in sync with Tim's Gold-to-be branch, would it make sense to remove the archive and just import from --patch-50 anew? I have no idea however, how to merge then with the build-improvements branch. Or do you have more experience with SVN to cure the problem?

Ralf