RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:30:03 -0400

Tim,

On September 4, 2006 9:09 PM you wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
> > I believe that this would happen if the files you are modifying
> > are incorrectly labelled as 'text' files.
>
> True. Apparently SVN likes to rewrite end-of-line characters.
> I don't know why.
>
> > I expect this would happen for example to .jpg and .zip files
> > already in the repository that are not properly labelled as
> > 'binary'. You need to change this attribute in SVN for these
> > files before doing the commit.
>
> Well, it's not quite that simple as there is no 'binary' attribute
> in SVN. But I did find the equivalent command, at least I think I
> did, and changed it for the files. See PATCH49-50/PATCHES.

What you did looks ok to me except that I notice you did not remove
the eol-style property on the jpg files. I think you need:

   svn propdel svn:eol-style *.jpg

Could this be the problem?

> And it is not simply 'binary' vs 'text' apparently. SOME of the
> .patch files (not all, which puzzles) in zips have been changed
> by SVN. The .patch files are clearly text.

Yes, see:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#binary-files

I think you might need to check/set the properties

  svn proplist *.jpg

  svn propset svn:mime-type image/jpeg filename.jpg

  svn propdel svn:eol-style filename.jpg

  cd zips

  svn proplist *.tgz

  svn propget svn:mime-type *.tgz

  svn propget svn:eol-style *.patch

  svn propset svn:mime-type application/octet-stream filename.tgz

  svn propset svn:eol-style native filename.patch

etc.