Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: 04 Sep 2006 18:40:13 -0500

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| On September 4, 2006 6:07 PM Tim Daly wrote:

| > If you want a silver branch that contains the latest patches
| > I'm willing to maintain that. But SVN is not a good place to
| > do that it seems.
|
| Tim, I think your conclusion is still to "hasty". Yes, SVN has
| problems, but like the other systems I am confident that it can
| be made to work.

Indeed.

[...]

| I think we need to resolve the problems Tim is having with SVN
| and then get on with what we have been planning for the last
| few months with Axiom Silver on SVN.

Fully agreed.

The trouble is I don't what his settings are.  All colleagues I work
with here and outside have not reported the same kind of troubles he
is having.  You seem to know the symptoms...  Tim are you indeed using
a windows-based system?  Bill, how did you "solve" the problems?