Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:56:17 +0200

On 09/02/2006 01:27 AM, root wrote:
One of the current design principles is that this should 'just work'.

Wasn't there someone who said that --patch-50 does not build on debian?

There was. I'm debugging it now.

I have RH7.2, RH9, FC4, FC5, Ubuntu, FreeBSD (not working yet), MAC OSX
(not working yet), XP2 (partial), Red Flag Linux, Knoppix and Doyen running on various machines. I've tried to build a SUSE machine and a Solaris x86
machine without success so far. I've tested Axiom on the working machines.

Next time before you release gold, just make an announcement. Then people (like me for example) could download silver/trunk (which should be the upcoming release) and test it. That way some burden of testing is released from you and nobody on the axiom-developer mailing list could say after the gold release that it doesn't build on his system.

What about that suggestion? Or do you really want to test everything alone and wait for complaints after the release?

Ralf