[Axiom-developer] Re: obsolete pages and portal download

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: obsolete pages and portal download
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:10:28 -0400

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:01:07 -0400
 "Bill Page" <address@hidden> wrote:
Is this better?

http://page.axiom-developer.org

Honestly? No. I did not check very carefully, but it seems all you did was adding a front page as your personal web page (which is good). But anyone reaching, say the page for Axiom portal (link given on the new page) would still be led to obsolete info like the Download link there. This is because as far as other users are concerned, these link are external to your personal page, and can be accessed either via your provided link or through say Google search.

I would suggest that we (you?) do a Google search on Axiom, and remove or update those pages (especially those on the top in the search results) if they are under our (your) control. The fewer past/obsolete pages appearing in the Google search results, the better (or if they do appear, users will have to use a cached copy, indicating possibly out-of-date material, and the direct link provided by Google should fail).

If you set me up to be able to edit or delete pages no longer needed, I'll spend some time to clean things up.

William