Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:18:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, root wrote:

> [...]
| > |
| > | isn't that the point of configure?
| >
| > Axiom requires latex for build. If the environment does not have
| > latex, I cannot build Axiom, therefore I cannot test it on that
| > platform.
|
| true. but i'd hope that configure would give a clue about what failed
| and how to correct the problem.

It does; configure.ac.pamphlet from build-improvements says:

   AC_CHECK_PROG([LATEX], [latex],
                 [latex], [AC_MSG_ERROR([Axiom needs a latex program.])])

However, my point was different: I cannot use the SF compile farm
hosts at the moment because basic Axiom requirements are nto met.

| i spent only 1 minute fixing the latex problem
| but it took a good half-hour to figure out how to fix the X problems.
| (of course, learning dselect took an hour but...)

I don't think I want to fix the problems on the SF machines...