[Axiom-developer] line-breaking

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] line-breaking
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:06:30 -0400

CY, Kai, and I discussed line-breaking on the IRC channel
and the point was raised that line-breaking involves breaking
the equation into chunks that mean something to the viewer.

the axiom way to handle this would be the same method we use
during simplification. in simplification we format
  POLYNOMIAL(FRACTION(INT))
different from
  FRACTION(POLYNOMIAL(INT))

so perhaps we need output routines that format
  SUM(PRODUCT(X,Y))
different from
  PRODUCT(SUM(X,Y))

and other format domains. each would do line-breaking in
different places using different rules.