[Axiom-developer] Axiom Session

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Session
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:58:24 -0400

Bill,

In http://toolbox1.sytes.net/~alfredo/axiomui/

is any way to keep the Axiom session open in a server side script.

With this I mean, when I call axiom, I open a FILE stream and call
certain functions in Axiom and get the result like this:

In perl, I am doing something like this:

open (FILE, "| /usr/bin/AXIOMsys >/tmp/axiom");
print FILE ")set output tex on\n";
print FILE ")set output algebra off\n";
print FILE ")set message autoload off\n";
print FILE ")set message type off\n";
print FILE $question;

however after the script finishes, the session too. So if you input a command after
it doesn't know about the previous calculation, like you can do inside Sage.

Is there a way to do this in python??? or any other language?

Regards,

JAPP