RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlatel

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:35:14 -0400

On August 13, 2006 10:07 PM Bob McElrath wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
> > So the solution to the spam problem that I like most right now is
> > to embed the existing Axiom Wiki site inside Plone and use the
> > standard Wiki skin to keep the same look and feel as the existing
> > site. This gives us access to the Plone user registration process
> > which allow us to limit edits and comments to authenticated users
> > and also would allow us to merge the content of both the Wiki and
> > the Portal without loosing any functionality.
>
> I think that's a fine idea.  I think it will handily solve your
> spam problem, especially if the plone registration involves email
> verification.

Yes.

http://zwiki.org/HowToUseTheStandardSkinInPlone

> but the Plone interface is just fine.

I like Plone too, but I think a lot of people are put off by the
complex top header menus and the left and right sidebars. We
discussed this back at the beginning of the Axiom Wiki project and
Martin Rubey (who was very active maintaining the content of initial
version of the Axiom Wiki site) was quite adement that *he* did not
like Plone.

When viewing Zwiki inside Plone, I usually feel a kind of clash of
style and a feeling that the limited real estate on my monitor is not
being used very efficiently.

> But, plone is dog slow.

Apparently you have not tried the setup with Zwiki inside Plone
using Standard skins. I think you would be surprized that the
difference in performance seems to be almost entirely due to the
skins.

> I'm not sure how axiom-developer is set up, but you'll want a
> caching proxy.

Axiom-developer uses both an Apache frontend and external cache
provided by the host environment.