RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 06:51:16 -0400

Ralf,

On Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:12 AM you wrote:

> >> How??? Please let us know.
> > There are several wiki modes for Emacs (see
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WikiModeDiscussion).
> > I tried one of them several month ago, but it didn't quite
> > work then. Maybe the necessary server support isn't enabled yet.
> >

> You know, your link costs me several hours just to find out
> what to do.

This is not the use of emacs that I referred to in my previous
email (although these wiki modes do seem interesting in their own
right). The concept of an External Editor is a ZWiki/Zope idea.
You can read about it here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/ExternalEdit

Marten Rubey used to use this mode of editing wiki pages extensively.
Perhaps he can give a more "user-oriented" description of how this
works.