Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux
Date: 31 Jul 2006 00:47:51 +0200

Tim --

  I'm looking into the LaTeX issues with bsdsignal.c.pamphlet.
One of them has to do with the following tabular material:

\begin{tabular}{ll}
[EFAULT] & Either {\sl act} or {\sl oact} points to memory that is not a\\
         & valid part of the process address space\\
[EINVAL] & The {\sl sig} argument is not a valid signal number\\
[EINVAL] & An attempt is made to ignore or supply a handler for SIGKILL\\
         & or SIGSTOP
\end{tabular}

I suspect LaTeX is interpreting the stuff in [...] as an option, then
gets confused.  Did you mean to use double brackets [[...]]?

More generally, the style does not seem consitent to me; sometimes it
is {\sl ... }, sometimes is [[....]], sometimes it is just plain text.
What are the general rules?

Thanks!