Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants

From: root
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:21:03 -0400

> I agree, .asy or Foam is better than C or LISP, for what you are
> considering. But Ralf considered looking into the compiler sources. The
> discussion has now drifted towards "I do not need the sources; I simply
> compile to <some Language> and get the required information by mysolf".
> Thereby, I guess you are barking up the wrong tree.

I might mention that the lisp output would be significantly easier
to parse and maintain. Language manipulation and transformation is
the easiest thing to do in lisp (due to the fact that data and
program have the same syntax). Lisp's READ function is straightforward.
You could cover the reader with a complete Aldor package that could
extract any known piece of information on request (e.g. fetchSignatures).
Thus creating a complete reflection API only involves knowing the
structure of the data in the output file.