Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl and Axiom

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl and Axiom
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:32:01 -0400

> I have a project to port axiom to the MAC. The key issue is getting GCL
> > to build on the MAC. Since MACs are based on BSD the include file chain
> > is completely different from linux and so things resolve poorly. Plus
> > I find the MAC impossible to use (my ability to use a system is
> > inversely proportional to its "ease of use").
>

> Being a Mac user I think this should be the top most priority ;)
> Each of my try was stopped by GCL too. It is more than BSD issue Darwin use
> CMU microkernel and the way the stack is created is different from BSD or
> Linux.

If you can get GCL to build it would be a big help.
It would be an even bigger help if you could get Axiom to build
as Axiom has "portable (guffaw) C code".

> I am sorry you find the Mac difficult to use. Have you try Fink or
> DarwinPort ?
> I also recomend this Emac http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html.

I'm using Fink. That isn't the problem. The problem is the same one
I'm having with the FreeBSD port. The C include files have a completely
different tree than the Linux files.