RE: [Axiom-developer] Call Foreign C from Aldor/Axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Call Foreign C from Aldor/Axiom
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:01:34 -0400

On Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:54 AM Gernot Hueber wrote:

> Due to that I want to call external library functions from
> within Aldor/Axiom I did some trials with Aldors "Foreign"
> and GCL "defentry" commands.

Great! I am very happy you are looking into this.

> Now, my questions:
> .) s there a recommended/better way to call external functions
> within Aldor/Axiom?
> .) I think, the "defentry" part  could be added with an Aldor
> "Foreign Lisp" call?
> .) How can I "load", external libraries (e.g. nputs.o)?

See:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxAldorForeign

The first section containing

  (defentry |myprintf| (string) (int "printf"))

is compiled as a lisp function but notice that it becomes
part of the BOOT package.

Now we can compile some Aldor code that calls this function
and then call the Aldor function from Axiom.

For loading an external library did you try the usual Axiom
command

 )library nputs.o

Or via lisp like this:

 )lisp (load nputs.o)

?

Can you send me the example code for 'nputs.c'?