[Axiom-developer] RE: Movie upload

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Movie upload
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:58:32 -0400

Cliff,

Thanks for creating this screencast. I hope you inspire more
people to submit similar things. We need a lot more than my
original "pitiful" efforts...

On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:39 AM you asked:
> > If you want to change the location of the link and the
> > associated text, click 'edit' again and cut-and-paste the
> > link where you want it and add the text.
>
> OK, makes sense.  There are actually two files - the html page
> and the swf file itself - do I upload those one after the other?

Yes. But I think you should use a more specific src="..." file
name than just "out.swf". I changed the name of the file to
'axiomemacsout.swf' and the HTML code to correspond:

  <embed src="axiomemacsout.swf" ...> ... </embed>

> I can see the html page, but it looks like my cruddy flash plugin
> dropped the ball again for viewing.  Can y'all see it?

Works for me. Maybe you tried it before I completed the upload
of the '.swf' file.

> > > Anyway, I've attached the files in question.  Any help
> > > appreciated - sorry if this should be obvious to me :-/.
> > >

> > I'll do it this time ... but next time it's up to you. ;)
>
> Just didn't want to destroy the wiki :-P.

PLEASE use the wiki. DO NOT be afraid that you might "destroy"
it. Anything you can do through the standard user interface is
completely reversible if necessary.

> Wonder if I should get a microphone.  Never tried that in Linux
> before...

Yes, I think you should. If you are using newer version of linux
and shockwave apps then you should have no problems.

> BTY, was anybody else going to make a demo movie of Axiom's
> graphing capabilities?

Go for it!