Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [MathML]

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [MathML]
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:23:39 -0700

Vanuxem Gr?gory address@hidden wrote:
> > Could you take a look at http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxMathML ?
> >
> > I think I have copied all the relevant bits from tex.spad.pamphlet but
> > it still tells me it can't coerce to my new domain.
>
> Since this package is not implemented:
>
> )abbrev package MML1 MathMLFormat1
> MathMLFormat1(S : SetCategory): public == private where
>   public  ==  with
>     coerce: S -> MathMLFormat()
>   private == add
>     import MathMLFormat()
>
>     coerce(s : S): MathMLFormat ==
>       coerce(s :: OutputForm)$MathMLFormat
>

> You have to use for example 1::OutputForm::MML.
>
> And since the function coerce($):OutputFrom is not implemented the
> result cannot be printed ("The function coerce with signature hashcode
> is missing from domain MathMLFormat").
>
> So can only use
>
> \begin{axiom}
> 1::OutputForm::MML;
> \end{axiom}

Thanks for the hint but it still doesn't work.  If I read teh above
correctly, it should be used like:

    x::MathMLFormat1(OutputForm)

    Cannot convert from type Variable x to MathMLFormat1 OutputForm for
    value x

So then I try manually converting to OutputForm first:

    x::OutputForm::MathMLFormat1(OutputForm)

    Cannot convert from type OutputForm to MathMLFormat1 OutputForm for
    value x

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell