Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.7 and GCC-4.2.0

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.7 and GCC-4.2.0
Date: 28 Apr 2006 17:50:04 +0200

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

| Greetings!
|
| Here is your problem:
|
| gcl_cmptop.c: In function 'LI29':
| gcl_cmptop.c:2547: internal compiler error: in merge_alias_info, at
tree-ssa-copy.c:235
| Please submit a full bug report,
| with preprocessed source if appropriate.
| See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Woaw!  I suppose I should have paid more attention to the build log.
[ Gaby washing his red face. ]

Is it possible to alter GCL's build system so that it halts with no
ambiguous message when compilation does not complete for a given
module instead of continuing as if everything was OK?

| i.e. this gcc development snapshot ran into an internal bug when
| compiling the gcl_cmptop.c file.  You might try working around the
| problem by configuring gcl with --enable-debug for the time being, but
| this really should be reported to the gcc people and their bug tracker
| as explained in the instructions referred to above.

I'm taking care of that part since it turns out to be a GCC problem.
*Shrug*.

Many thanks!