Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom opportunity
Date: 26 Apr 2006 22:08:06 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > BTW, I sent an email to axiom-math yesterday, it is still
| > awaiting moderator review I believe :-)
| >

| None of the Axiom mailing lists are moderated but they do
| require member registration. Without the registration
| requirement these lists would be impossible since we currently
| get 20 to 30 spam emails per day posted to these lists. These
| need to be periodically reviewed and deleted. There is always
| the risk that a posting by someone really interested in Axiom
| might get dinged.
|
| Your posting was held because it was classed as a:
|
|   "Post by non-member to a members-only list"
|
| (As you probably know by the bouce message that you should
| have received from the email list software.)
|
| I have just passed it but you really should register. See:
|
| http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomCommunity

Thanks for taking care of that mail.
Yes, when I got the bounce message, I was surprised because I do
receive emails sent to all Axiom lists, in particular to
axiom-math. So I did not investigate further, how I could be receiving
mails from that list if I was not subscribed (i.e. I took the
subscription for granted).  Now, it might be that I registered with a
different address where posting with another address (which while not
impossible, will surprise me).

Best,