[Axiom-developer] RE: [AxiomDownload]

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [AxiomDownload]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:42:43 -0400

Ralf,

I believe that it is/has been Tim Daly's procedure to first
update the tla archive, as and when patches are applied but
to only promote the code to CVS after more thorough testing -
about once every two months or so.  The same CVS is available
at both Savannah and Sourceforge, with sourceforge as a backup
site. So the tla archive is not always in synch with the CVS.
The tla archive is more current but less tested. Right, Tim?
Perhaps we should only call the CVS "gold".

I am not sure (yet) what we should say about the "silver" svn
version since it still seems highly experimental to me - at
least until we have an active maintainer of this version. As of
Tim's most recent patch-49, the code of the source in svn is out
of date.

Note that detailed information about how to use arch is available
elsewhere on the wiki at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/ArchUsage

although I guess it doesn't hurt to duplicate it a little.

On April 18, 2006 10:40 AM you wrote at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden
iom-developer.org