[Axiom-developer] new FORM paper

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] new FORM paper
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:30:10 -0700

People here may be interested in this new paper today:

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/cs.SC/0604052

We describe the implementation of facilities for the communication with
external resources in the Symbolic Manipulation System FORM. This is
done according to the POSIX standards defined for the UNIX operating
system. We present a number of examples that illustrate the increased
power due to these new capabilities.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell