Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backup

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backups)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:41:58 -0700

David MENTRE address@hidden wrote:
> > Although I am not yet a big fan of Texmacs, because it is yet another
> > language (besides LaTeX) to learn, I somehow think that it should become
> > a more integrated into axiom and become the default userinterface.
>
> I like TeXmacs *but* it has some big issues for me, one of the biggest
> being it is quite slow (the interface is not snappy enough). And Joris
> is focusing developments of other aspects (graphics mode) rather than
> fixing those issues. The development API is not very well documented
> neither.

I wish I had enough time to further develop the mozilla/axiom interface
I started.  I really think that's the way to go.

What happened to Kai's branch?  Can I still try it?

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell