Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:51:04 -0400

>   I just spoke with Benjamin (in CC:), from Red Hat, about possible
> inclusion of Axiom in linux distros, and Red Hat in particular.  That
> would increase the visbility of Axiom, I think.
>
> Benjamin pointed out that a minimal requirement would be for Axiom to
> support cross-compilation, "easy" packaging, etc.

I spoke with RedHat before and their management (and legal department)
have agreed to support the Doyen effort. Doyen is a liveCD packaging
effort for Axiom. We discussed the idea that RedHat would distribute
Doyen as a 'science platform' at conferences provided it was built on
fedora. Jose Alfredo has moved it from Knoppix to Fedora in the
latest release (http://sourceforge.net/projects/doyencd)