[Axiom-developer] Re: typo in src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: typo in src/boot/Makefile.pamphlet
Date: 05 Apr 2006 04:55:44 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| it's still at patch-47.
| updates are done on a best-effort, two-month interval.
| i've been heavily buried in work, working hard on the
| maple integration-bug study, and dealing with an
| evolving personal issue which has caused a lag.
| i'm in the process of creating a new patch now.
| testing is going on and i'm hand-checking all of the
| input files since we made a deep change to the system
| (macroexpandall).

many thanks; I wish you good luck.

| since we use arch which uses changesets the version number
| changes very slowly. patches are collected and grouped into
| a single changeset (yes, i know that's counter to the philosophy
| of changesets) so patch-47 is correct.

OK.

| we had a mailing list discussion over a year ago on this question
| of frequency of updates and settled on a best-effort, two-month interval.

Aha, I see.  Somehow I understood that the "wider" public will see
only the two-month interval, while the developers could see immediate
patches (I'm mostly initerested in the other changes that were
suggested and applied, not in the "ennd" thingy).  Since the
developers have write access, I believe it would relieve the burden on
you if they could check-in patches, after public review and we have
procedure for that (we already have procedure for producing and
testing patches).

Thanks,