Re: [Axiom-developer] Developing domain

From: Antoine Hersen
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Developing domain
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:07:55 -0800

Hello

On 3/30/06, Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:
> On March 30, 2006 1:09 AM Antoine Hersen wrote:
> > Bill Page wrote:
> > >
> > > I use just:
> > >
> > >   while unhappy repeat
> > >     )sys vi file.spad
> > >     ... code ...
> > >     )co file.spad
> > >     ... test ...
> >
> > vi !!!! (just kidding)
>
> I only use vi when I am unhappy... a kind of self-punishment. ;)

Don't be so arch with yourself.

> > > Or are you one of those people that has an Axiom installation
> > > that does not properly cleanup the NRLIB directories? This does
> > > not happen on any of my Axiom systems (3 different flavours of
> > > Linux plus Windows). If so, any more documentation you can
> > > provide about this would be appreciated.
> >
> > Debian Stable, with the last arch version of axiom hand compiled,
> > anything I can do to give more useful info ?
>
> Using an earlier (September source distributioin) I can not reproduce
> your problem on Debian stable. Either this is due to a recent change
> in Axiom sources or (perhaps) you have some different file permissions
> than me.
>
> Does the same thing happen if you run and compile as 'root'?

If I run as root :

drwxr-xr-x   2 root    root    4096 2006-03-30 09:40 DPOLY.erlib
drwxr-xr-x   2 antoine antoine 4096 2006-03-30 09:40 DPOLY.NRLIB

it was in a new directory, and I compiled axiom on my user account so
I guess it explain why the NRLIB is under this user. Still that look
kind of worrisome.

> > >       AXIOMsys < some_file
> > It works but quit as soon as it is done, I guess AXIOMsys is coded
> > in C and I could fix that myself
>
> ??? What else did you expect it to do? What is there to fix?

Like (wish full thinking )

AXIOMsys -l some_file
it will just load the file and then give you the prompt :)
or
AXIOMsys -l < some_file
and will not quit at EOF

Regards,