Re: [Axiom-developer] AldorForAxiom

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] AldorForAxiom
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:19:10 +0100

Hi,

Le jeudi 16 mars 2006 à 17:05 +0100, Ralf Hemmecke a écrit :

> Yes, clear, but if I just stay in Axiom, I don't need .o files. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. The .o file is needed if you want to use compiled
lisp code.

> Aha. And that is also .o? Is this the same object format that comes out
> if I compile a .c file?

Yes. GCL 'translates' lisp code to C and compiles it with gcc (if your
default compiler is gcc of course)

> I would not have expected anything else, but if someone could make my
> search space a bit smaller that would help.

You can begin with  src/interp/i-syscmd.boot.pamphlet (search for
compile)

> Well, I simply removed fact.o and started a new Axiom. I said:
>
> )lib fact
> fact 3
>
> and got 6 as result. Which code did I execute?

fact.lsp (the code is interpretated).

Cheers,

Greg