[Axiom-developer] Axiom with ANSI CL?

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom with ANSI CL?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:37:10 -0500

> as much as I understand, Axiom builds only with GCL.  Is this correct?  If
> yes, is there any intentions of making it into a ANSI CL library?  Does
> this make sense at all?

GCL is working on being ANSI compliant and there is work to try to port
Axiom to other CL implementations.

Axiom isn't really structured as a library although with some effort
I suppose it could be made into one. Unlike other computer algebra
systems Axiom is strongly dependent on it's type structure which
is associated with every result. A lisp call would have to know how
to carry this structure.

But Axiom is just a program implemented in common lisp (CLtL2) so
it is entirely possible to load lisp code into an Axiom image and
use it from there.

Tim