Re: [Axiom-developer] Curiosities with Axiom mathematical structures

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Curiosities with Axiom mathematical structures
Date: 03 Mar 2006 11:56:35 +0100

Dear Gaby,

I just would like to say that I do follow your reasoning and I do think that we
should consider whether it makes sense to adapt Aldor to cope with the
situation under discussion.

However, I do believe that this would imply a lot of work, and we really should
see how often this situation occurs in practice. Of course, it is sad that it
does ocur already so deep down in the hierarchy, but if this is the only place
where we are in trouble, maybe we should ignore it for the moment.

Do you have experiences with hacking compilers and the like? Do you think you
could implement the necessary changes? Did you read the proposed solution by
Nicolas Doye?

Martin