RE: [Axiom-developer] Help with JET

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Help with JET
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:01:54 -0500

Grégory,

Excellent! Thank you very much for finding this solution.

I was not aware that the order in which the pre-compiled modules
are listed could affect how they behave. Of course, for initial
compilation from source only certain orders are possible based
on the intermodule dependencies (at least there are no circular
dependencies here! :). But it seems like either a bug or a serious
design flaw in the way Axiom processes the )lib command that the
order here seems to matter. Do you agree that we should document
this "lib order dependency" as a bug/issue?

I wonder if this bug might also bite us if/when we try to add the
JET code into the main Axiom library?

Cheers,
Bill Page.