[Axiom-developer] [DoyenCD] Use of Apache or ZWiki

From: alfredo
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [DoyenCD] Use of Apache or ZWiki
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:56:22 -0600

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/DoyenCD/diff
--
You are absolutely right. However, at the beginning of the project we started
with Apache / Perl CGI to test some scripts using programs like Axiom, Octave,
Yacas, Maxima.... I particularly felt more comfortable with Apache and PHP,
that is one of the reasons the current drag and drop application is written
using Apache/PHP/JavaScript.

I am getting familiar with Zope and DTML pages and also with Python, so we can
have everything running inside Zope/ZWiki and have only one webserver.
Hopefully, we can do this really soon. Wilken already has modified the edit
page in ZWiki where we plan to place the drag and drop.

>>For machines with limited memory, this might be an issue.

This really has not been an issue. We have tried the CD in computers with
limited resources like 500 Mhz and 256 MB in RAM, and it works really well. The
factor of a fast CD-ROM seems to be more important than anything else.

--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden