Re: [Axiom-developer] Local MathAction

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Local MathAction
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:27:50 -0800

Unfortunately I'm extremely busy right now but I'll try here...

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I guess it's time to ask you for some help... :)
>
> As you can see below, I am trying to use the zope-2.8, python-2.4,
> and the "darcs" versions of both ZWiki and LatexWiki.
>
> I have been testing my LatexWiki installation procedure on
> Debian as outlined below. All goes well (with modifications
> of recipe inserted below) but when I get to the point of
> wanting to create my first ZWiki of Type: (*) latexwiki, I
> find that I do not have this option in the ZWiki Add form.

The files necessary for this latexwiki installation option are in
ZWiki/content/latexwiki.  Depending on how you installed ZWiki, you may
need to link this directory from the latexwiki installation.  The
LatexWiki darcs repository has both a LatexWiki and ZWiki directory,
both of which should go in Products/.  (The ZWiki directory adds the
ZWiki/content/latexwiki stuff)

Let me know if that works.

I'm sorry if I've missed emails on this, all my axiom email ends up in
an axiom folder that I've been too busy to read lately... :(  (send a
private email if you really want to get my attention)

I think it would be a good idea to set up a separate ZWiki+LatexWiki
distribution, rather than pulling and patching from my darcs repository.
Undoubtedly that route is difficult right now due to changes in ZWiki.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it
    would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that
    apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit
    equal time in physics classrooms." -- Stephen Jay Gould (1941 - 2002)