Re: [Axiom-developer] Integral challenge

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Integral challenge
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:19:20 -0800

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky address@hidden wrote:
> There are unanswered questions about the hydrogen atom in 2005? :)

I'm using Hydrogen because it's a simpler (solvable) example.  But
nonetheless, trust me I'm more surprised than you.  ;)

> Seriously, though, have you thrown this at Derive? An HP or TI handheld?
> Those pesky "student grade" tools sometimes surprise people. I've
> actually got all three, so I could do it if you haven't. Have you tried
> Reduce?

I don't have Derive or an HP or TI handheld, but REDUCE also fails.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it
    would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that
    apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit
    equal time in physics classrooms." -- Stephen Jay Gould (1941 - 2002)