[Axiom-developer] Possible approach/tools for graphing code relations

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Possible approach/tools for graphing code relations
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:26:45 -0800 (PST)

This might be relevant to the ongoing discussion about generating dot
graphs of the Axiom source code.  I suspect it would be more work to
make the jump to the Spad code but Lisp is probably up to it.

Gary King recently released a set of common lisp libraries (I believe
under the MIT Style License) which help him work with graphs (graphviz
still generates the output.)

Saw it mentioned here: http://lemonodor.com/archives/001288.html

Tutorial/eaxmple is here:
http://www.metabang.com/unclog/publisha/atinybit.html

That "make-filtered-graph" bit looks quite interesting.

With Bill having solved the hyperlinked graphviz output problem,
perhaps these tools could server as the "other half" of the problem -
generating trees from the Axiom source code.

I'll try and play around with this when (if, on my cynical days) I get
time - maybe something like "per-category" or "per-domain" graphs could
be achieved.

Cheers,
CY