[Axiom-developer] [WishList] Wish list -- integration with R -- Ed Boras

From: znmeb
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [WishList] Wish list -- integration with R -- Ed Borasky/address@hidden
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:30:36 -0600

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/WishList/diff
--
While we're on the subject of numerical packages, I do nearly all of my number
crunching in R. I'd like to be able to access some kind of symbolic package
from R, although I'm not sure yet what sort of interface I'd use. At the
moment, the most promising way to add symbolic capabilities to R seems to be
using the R facilities for calling C++ code to call the open source Ginac
library.

Going the other way, calling a number crunching package from Axiom, seems
un-necessary, but given a choice between SciLab, Octave and R, I'd take R
hands-down! As noted above, SciLab is not truly open source/free as in speech,
and Octave isn't well supported. R is both open source and well supported.
--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden