Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:43:00 -0500

Bill Page wrote:

> On December 18, 2005 11:05 PM William Sit wrote:
> >
> > Bill Page wrote (to Tim):
> >
> > > Does Eitan's original link work for you?
> > >
> > > http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jstest.html
> > >
> > > The version of jstest.html page on axiom-developer is identical
> > > to Eitan's but the version of jsMath itself on axiom-developer
> > > is the older version.
> >
> > I (not Tim) got the same: a warning box and then correctly
> > displayed for $a^b$. Can you describe what should be expected?
>
> Yes you should see exactly they same thing as if you had typed
> $a^b$ in LaTeX, processed it and viewed the dvi.
>
> If you have the correct fonts installed, you should not get the
> warning box.

OK, again, without doing anything more than the last time (after installing the
jsMath fonts and restarting Firefox):

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jstest.html

works without a warning. However the

http://page.axiom-developer.org/jstest.html

still does. The same happens on IE. The page:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/jsMathExperiment

still issues a warning box on both browsers.
Can you make that page editable?

Actually, I downloaded the page jstest.html page and changed the src to

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/jsMath/jsMath.js";></script>

and now it works! (after a warning about accessing a js which is not local) No
red box warning about fonts.

I then tried downloading jsMath.js to the local drive and edit src to:

<script type="text/javascript"

src="jsMath.js"></script>

and then everything works without warning of fonts (but IE gives a  security
block).

Since I don't see the red box warning message:

Warning: It looks like you don't have the TeX math fonts installed. The
mathematics on this page may not look right without them. The jsMath Home Page
has information on how to download the needed fonts. In the meantime, we will do
the best we can with the fonts you have, but it may not be pretty and some
equations may not be rendered correctly.

in the source html, I don't know where it comes from. May be you can try to code
the source jsMath.js with a full path? (users probably will still get a warning
on security, but it should work).

William